Home Forums Feature Wish List Sinking fund tracking

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

We have many irregular expenses that we save up for.  1/2 beef purchase in the fall, 50 chicken purchase in the summer, poultry feed purchase every 3 months, hay purchase in August, emergency fund set-aside, house paint fund, etc…  There is money in my account for these, but I need to track how much money is earmarked for each purpose, and also from every deposit or  bi-weekly paycheck.  This way I know how much of my paycheck is “available” for something else.

My wife and I love your tool!

Nathan Rausch
      Renton, WA  USA

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Sounds like you want to use our category budgets.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euaWN4UEyjs
      But, you want them to be able to span more than a calendar month like they currently do. We are planning an upgrade to our main browser tool early 2019 which will include performance enhancements along with many new features such as a major upgrade of categories, including the ability to have category budget's carry forward (envelope budgeting).

• 409 Songhees
      Participant

Hello,

This issues is similar to “Budget amount rollover” (#3467) from 2014. I have checked the updates listing and there is still no “envelope” style for tracking longer periodicity items.

Can you provide an update on when this feature will be implemented?

Cheers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.