Home Forums Feature Wish List Drag and Drop entries

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Many times I will have a recurring expense/income that I expect to happen on a certain day every month but in reality it might hit a couple of days after that.  It would be great if there was a way to move those individual entries by just dragging and dropping them onto the date when the transaction actually takes place.  If this is difficult or impossible, it’s not a huge deal as we can just edit the date in the entry itself … but I just thought I would make the suggestion anyway.  :)

• frugalcoconut
      Participant

Sort of going along these same lines but this is more important to me than the original suggestion … I would really like to have the ability to easily MOVE recurring/individual entries from one account to another.  Right now I plan to switch a bunch of monthly bills to be taken out of a different bank account than they have been in the past.  Ideally I could click on each entry and be able to move it and all future recurrences to the other account, rather than having to delete the existing ones and re-type all the entries on the other account.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Drag and drop is already available today.  When you drag, it will separate the entry from the repeating series.
      We had an account field in the entry dialog (which I just removed because noone was using it) to make space for the addition on a transfer feature.  But you don’t want a repeated transfer from one account.  You want to actually move the entry.
      I removed the account field in the interest of keeping things the dialog simple because I don’t think this occurrence will happen too often.  Although it may not happen too often, I can see how you would want to have it happen.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.