Money magazine had a very short note called “Refunds for Globetrotters”. Have you traveled between the dates February 1, 1996 and November 8, 2006? You may find yourself entitled to some money returned to you for Foreign Currency Conversion Fees that were overcharged.

The Money magazine article said to go to this site, to answer any questions you might have. There are a few different links on the site for forms needed to file your claim. The number mentioned to phone for any questions is (800)945-9890.

Although you can claim a return without having the supporting documents, you may be audited in the future and the receipts and other supporting documents will save you from some awful run around in the future. See the FAQ’s on the site mentioned above for other similar concerns.

Will you be entitled to some money back? Are there any similar lawsuits for Canada, Australia or other countries?