Home Forums Frugal Ideas What are homemade frugal gift ideas for an 8 year old boy?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Santa will be taking care of the wish list. What are some things big or small, but frugal frugal frugal that I can make/give my 8 year old son? I’m very low on funds this year and I’d rather Santa take the credit, while it lasts

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

There are many things you can get for free through http://freecycle.org. Check there.
      Otherwise, you can get a pretty good volume of things from the dollar store.
      In the past, I’ve made some homemade games for my kids which they still use. Gather some materials from home and spend some time making gifts. I’ve made:
      -Towers of Hanoi
      – A do-it-yourself birdhouse kit with spare wood/nails. (maybe an 8-year old will just like being creative and hammering random piece of wood scraps together which you can call an art-project — then proudly display the finished masterpiece in his room.
      – A book on origamy and a supply of paper – can be hours of fun. Get the from second hand book store – or even find a free web site with instructions and just supply the paper.
      – Go to your local big box store and ask for big boxes… and use the boxes with a bunch of tape – he can create a fort/structure with the boxes. Don’t kids end up liking the packaging as much as the gift anyway :)

I’m in the final stages of writing a book called Power Spending: Getting More for Less. This book has TONS of ideas on how to save money, including on gift giving. When its ready I’ll announce it. The book will be inexpensive and will end up saving you lots of money.

• terr15dorian
      Participant

Often visit the dollar store to find something new or say for any frugal gift ideas!!

• Anonymous

– A do-it-yourself birdhouse kit with spare wood/nails. (maybe an 8-year old will just like being creative and hammering random piece of wood scraps together which you can call an art-project — then proudly display the finished masterpiece in his room.

I think that “a-do-it-yourself” is wonderful and ideal gift for the kid, especially in these times, when we all see a lack of creativity in children. Children get more and more uncreative staring in social networks all day, but this gift can be reversal. good idea.

• Anonymous

Why do a handmade crafts for a gift, I bet your son would love it. Know what your boy likes and search on the internet for ideas. That is one of the frugal ways to save this coming Christmas. Hope this helps

• Anonymous

[fusion_builder_container type="flex" hundred_percent="no" equal_height_columns="no" menu_anchor="" hide_on_mobile="small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility" class="" id="" background_color="" background_image="" background_position="center center" background_repeat="no-repeat" fade="no" background_parallax="none" parallax_speed="0.3" video_mp4="" video_webm="" video_ogv="" video_url="" video_aspect_ratio="16:9" video_loop="yes" video_mute="yes" overlay_color="" video_preview_image="" border_color="" border_style="solid" padding_top="" padding_bottom="" padding_left="" padding_right=""][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" layout="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_color="" border_style="solid" border_position="all" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding_top="" padding_right="" padding_bottom="" padding_left="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility" center_content="no" last="true" min_height="" hover_type="none" link="" border_sizes_top="" border_sizes_bottom="" border_sizes_left="" border_sizes_right="" first="true"][fusion_text columns="" column_min_width="" column_spacing="" rule_style="default" rule_size="" rule_color="" content_alignment_medium="" content_alignment_small="" content_alignment="" hide_on_mobile="small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility" sticky_display="normal,sticky" class="" id="" margin_top="" margin_right="" margin_bottom="" margin_left="" font_size="" fusion_font_family_text_font="" fusion_font_variant_text_font="" line_height="" letter_spacing="" text_color="" animation_type="" animation_direction="left" animation_speed="0.3" animation_offset=""]

Maybe you could make something together like a drawing, a gingerbread house, or if you have got temporary space for it you could make a small tent together inside or outside.

[/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

• Anonymous

There are many gifts to gifted 8 years old boy…
      Like a small music player, any good story book, or any small ipad…

duplichecker.com

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.