Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I continuously receive the error, “The file selected is invalid. Select a valid PC Banking export file (OFX/QFX).” despite exporting my transactions as an OFX file from my bank (BECU). What are my options for resolving this? CSV? Maybe you guys can provide a template to follow for allowing CSV uploads? (I read in another discussion that you guys are purposely not allowing csv due to multiple formats used by banks).

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Jenell,

Thanks for bringing this up. Although OFX is a standard format, our experience is that different banks format the OFX file slightly differently from each other.
      If you can send me your OFX file, I’ll give it a try on our test system and make any adjustments needed to have your file be accepted properly.

• Anonymous

Hi Eric, I’m running into the same problem setting up a CalendarBudget account.  I have Quicken installed & when I try to download the file, the file automatically opens Quicken.  Is there a way to save the file the QFX file without opening Quicken? 

So I downloaded the file as Microsoft Money, (which I don’t have installed), so far so good.  But when I try open the file in CB I get the same error message as above. 

I’ll be happy to send you the file – it’s Alberta Treasury Branch – ATB.  Where do I send the file?

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Jenell’s issue turned out to be a problem with the way her bank formatted the OFX file. I’ve altered CalendarBudget to compensate for the problem — this fix should be available on the server in a few days after testing.  However, not all problems are the same. I recommend sending me your file to see if you’re experiencing a different issue.

You can send it me at epoulin@calendarbudget.app

• Anonymous

Thanks – the file is on its way.

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Just put this fix onto the production server. Let me know if you have any other problems.

• tamster
      Participant

Hi Eric

I just signed up for the 30 day trial and am getting the same message as the others when I am trying to upload a OFX file.

Can I send my file to you to have a look at too?

Thanks for your help

• Eric Poulin
      Keymaster

Certainly – send it over and I’ll have a look.

• Lonny
      Participant

Thanks for bringing this up.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.